We got stickers, starbursts (which he calls "squares"), and capri suns for rewards when he went potty. I was told you want to keep rewarding them with fluid so that they keep going, this worked really well. We spent all day at home for the first 2 days and it wasn't too bad. He had several accidents the first day and then only a couple the 2nd day. After trying to get him to go to the potty every 15-20 minutes it started becoming a challenge to get him on the potty so I did what I thought was pure genius. I brought the laptop in and turned on one of his favorite shows and he was content. Who needs magazines!? The laptop strategy also worked with helping relax him so he could poop. I am proud to say that after a couple of weeks Corbin is doing really good. He caught on really fast and there haven't been a overwhelming number of accidents. Call me the Potty Training Pro! Corbin has also started cheering for us after we go to the bathroom. He jumps up and down and claps his hands a yells, "Yeah! Good job mom/dad!" It's nice being cheered for the simple things in life! :)
6 comments:
Way to go Nisa!! I will have to take all your advice in a few months! :)
Okay if I would have had the laptop then Colby would have been so much easier to train.
He is going to so love that picture when he become a teenager.
Laptop=genious! Good job Corbin!
Love the pic! I have to say you are PRO! It took me months. I still struggle with accidents, but I think that is norm.
Way to go - you amazing Mom! Corbin is officially a "big boy" now!
Post a Comment